Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Garrison Keillor Writes Sexy Poetry

I know him best from A Prairie Home Companion, in which I have definitely heard him use self-deprecating humor suggesting he has a face fit for radio and between his soothing voice and reassuring radio persona he's kind of like your favorite uncle who tells great stories, but god damn y'all, that man has written some great sexy poems. I have a book called 77 Love Sonnets by Garrison Keillor and one of my favorites is called "The Beach" and it's gorgeous and it describes the act of lovemaking. Lovemaking is the only way to describe the activity taking place in this poem, it's just beautiful and it's super romantic. Go find the poem and read it! And then read some more, they range from touching to beautiful to funny and they aren't all about sex, they're about all different kinds of love and some are better than others but I approve. Plus the book is really pretty, it's made with a really nice cardstock cover and it has Modigliani figure drawings. It also has some sweet poems about his daughter and an awesome poem about Obama taking the Oath of Office and I haven't even read everything in it yet.

So I guess this is a book review. Go forth and read some poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment