I came up with two lines that I really like, and wrote two very different poems using those lines, which then branch off into completely different iconographies.
This one I haven't picked a title for yet, so I guess until I make up my mind it's
Untitled
Apostrophe Apotheosis,
Syntax and Perverse Osmosis
Obfuscated, Saccharine
Cloying, bright, and far too clean
Climb into your limousine
And try to slip far in between;
Old and jaded, young and green, think about the end of seem
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William Faulkner
Apostrophe Apotheosis,
Syntax and Perverse Osmosis
Obfuscation, Tricky Gleaning
Patience will find the journey's meaning
Assumptions made and Battles run
Traditions followed one by one
And (sometimes) broken when strange thoughts come
That this is what the South is
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not sure I'm entirely happy with the second one. It needs editing.
Incidentally, I think Apostrophe Apotheosis would make an awesome band name.
No comments:
Post a Comment