Monday, April 11, 2011

Awkward Unicorn Is Awkward

A few months ago, I decided I was going to crotchet a unicorn. This wasn't as scary an undertaking as it could be, because I've made enough amigurumi things that I know a lot of the basic shapes. In fact, I made my boyfriend a squid for Valentine's Day two years ago. I just took a pattern for an octopus and adapted it. However, adapting a pattern and just jumping in without a pattern are two very different things. Billy the Unicorn turned out a little...awkward.


Awkwardly geeky, too, judging by his choice of reading materials.

You can't really tell from that picture, but his head is ever so slightly lopsided. Also his legs are splayed, and he's got sort of gawky proportions. He's really not *that* bad, but I still like to think of him as endearingly awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment